WhatsApp is the most used instant messaging service in the world and its popularity seems to remain intact despite the fact that there are some other quality alternatives. The service not only has a mobile application, but it also offers a very complete web version.
This version of the app has some features that can be quite useful, but there are also others that you can only run with the help of third parties, and in this article we will show you one of them. So stay until the end and find out how to schedule a message on WhatsApp Web.
You can schedule your messages on WhatsApp Web
While WhatsApp does not have a built-in message scheduling feature, there is a workaround that can help if you are using the web version of the application. It is an extension for Google Chrome, called Blueticks.
This tool could make your life easier if, for example, your job requires you to communicate with clients at set times or if you want to disconnect for a while, but need to send messages for birthdays or another important date. Fortunately, its download is free and its installation is extremely simple. And you can get it by clicking here.
Install Blueticks on your computer
To install Blueticks, all you have to do is follow these simple steps that we will detail below:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store from your browser.
- Look for the Blueticks extension .
- Once you find it, click Add to Chrome .
- Then just click on the Blueticks icon and sign up.
Remember that if you are using a corporate computer or if you have signed in with your work account, some Chrome extensions may be blocked.
How to schedule a message using Blueticks
After installing Blueticks, it’s time to schedule your messages on WhatsApp Web. For that, you will only have to do the following:
- Open WhatsApp Web in Google Chrome.
- If you have not yet logged in, open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the application and select WhatsApp Web.
- This will allow you to scan the code displayed on your PC or laptop and log into your WhatsApp account using Chrome.
- If everything is ready, select the contact or group you want to send a message to at a certain time.
- Then, click on the clock icon next to the writing box to open the Schedule a message window.
- Write the message you want to send.
- Choose the day and time the message will be sent.
- Click on the Schedule Shipping option , and you’re done.
There are also some custom configuration options that may be useful to you.
There are a few settings you can adjust to schedule your messages. One of them is the custom recurrence that allows you to send messages constantly. All you have to do is check the corresponding box within the Schedule a message window, and set the number of minutes, hours, days, months, or even years in which you want the message to repeat.
This is a great feature if you have clients or coworkers and you send them a specific message every week or every month. Plus, it’s a great way to stay productive while working from home, as you don’t have to interrupt your work.
And if you are one of those who prefer to use the messaging service owned by Facebook from your computer, we recommend that you consult the best keyboard shortcuts for WhatsApp Desktop.