Are you an artist and want to make yourself known in the world of music? Spotify is the ideal place to do it. The platform currently has more than 350 million users, so your creations can go further than you imagine. Now, do you know how to upload songs to Spotify ? Is it possible to do it for free?
Today, at Apkregion, we solve all your doubts about uploading music to Spotify in 2021 . We will talk about the best platforms and distributors to publish your own music, how Spotify works for Artists and the advantages that the music streaming service offers for new talents.
Our team is committed to the new generation of artists, so we give you all the facilities so that you can publish music on Spotify without having to invest a large sum of money.
Do you want to make yourself known? Learn to upload songs and become the next musical phenomenon.
How to upload your songs to Spotify step by step
If you are wondering how to upload songs to Spotify, one of the first things to consider before uploading is knowing if you need to be registered as an artist. In this sense, the platform allows you to do it in two ways, from your PC to your account or as an artist . Next, we show you how to proceed in both cases:
How to upload your music to Spotify from your computer
To upload the music to Spotify and store it in your local files to have access to it when you need it , you must follow the following steps:
- Open your account and click the arrow next to your username.
- In the menu that appears, select “ Settings ”.
- Now, choose ” Local files ” from the options on the left side.
- Next, enable the option ” Downloads ” or ” Music Library ” so that all the songs in those folders on the computer are added.
- If you want another specific folder, go to ” Add a source “, and there you decide where to upload the Spotify songs from.
How to upload your music to Spotify as an artist
If you can use the Spotify for Artists app ( Android or iOS ) and want to upload your songs, you must first submit the music for publishers to verify and approve it before adding it to your playlist. To do this, you must do the following:
- Sign in to Spotify for Artists.
- At the top, choose ” Send from next post .”
- Click ” Next ” from the Music tab.
- Select ” Submit a song ” in the appropriate version.
- Finally, choose the song and fill in the required information.
If you do not have access to the aforementioned application and you want to upload your songs as an artist, it is best to use a platform that can . These will indicate the steps and requirements to upload the songs to Spotify. Among some requirements, they will usually ask you for a default format of the song and a quality greater than 320 Kbps .
How to upload your music to Spotify with TuneCore
One of the most popular platforms for uploading music to Spotify is TuneCore. The service is responsible for managing everything related to your music , from the process of publishing it on Spotify to making payments. The process to register and upload music is very simple. The steps to follow are:
- Enter the TuneCore website and register your account.
- Once done, choose the type of content you want to upload to Spotify: song or album.
- Upload the music and cover art of your single or album to the TuneCore platform.
- Add collaborators to your songs. This step is essential so that they are credited when they use your music.
- When TuneCore has approved your music, you can upload it to Spotify. And ready!
Typically, it takes TuneCore about 24 hours to review songs . Then, in a maximum of 5 business days, the music will be available on Spotify. Also, with this tool you will be able to access all the sales and transmission reports. Best of all, you can keep 100% of the income .
Upload music to Spotify for free in 2021: is it possible?
If what you want is to simply upload music to Spotify for your use, you should know that it is completely free . On the other hand, if you do it as an artist, it can also be free, but it is a bit more complex.
One way to make this possible is by hiring a record label , although as you may well know, they will charge you for the entire process. Another alternative is through a platform or distributor, which, as we have said before, is in charge of managing your creations.
However, most of these platforms will charge you a percentage of the profits for the reproduction and purchase of songs, so you will hardly find an intermediate that does it without asking you for anything in return.
But all is not lost, but in these cases the streaming service makes its Spotify for Artists tool available to artists , which is free. In the next section we explain what it consists of and how it works.
Requirements to upload music to Spotify
When uploading music to Spotify you must bear in mind that there are a series of minimum requirements . This is because the platform wants to guarantee a minimum of quality and fight against music piracy. These are usually technical and legal requirements. These are:
- Compatible format : music should preferably be in mp3 format. Moreover, Spotify also supports mp4 and m4p formats. In any case, the platform will notify you of any incompatibility.
- Standard speed : it is essential that the music is 320kb / s. Other speeds are not accepted.
- Have a contract with a distributor : this person is the one who will publish your songs on Spotify and pay you the profits. If you work with a record company, it usually already has its own distributor.
- Author authorization : if you are a musician who does covers, you must first make sure that you have the permission of the artists to distribute a version of their songs.